Friday, February 15, 2008

Where it all began....

Ode To Fruit Pizza

Today as I sit here, I can't help but remember a friend, and her love
for fruit pizza...and a promise that I made to honor that love.....so I
have compiled this short but complete "Ode to Fruit Pizza"

Oh Fruit Pizza, with your sugar cookie crust
How we want to eat you because we must.

A tsp. of vanilla can go a long long way,
to sweeten this pizza, yippie horray!

Oh cream cheese how delightful you are,
even though you won't be allowed in our diet, we know you won't be far.

Oh how much we love that 1/2 a cup of sugar so wonderful and sweet,
it makes the fruit pizza an awesome treat!

Fruit sliced up, in a wonderful row
This kind of healthy snack really puts on a show.

So this is my ode to Megan, for this yummy yummy snack
Once you've had fruit pizza, you'll never go back!


I would like to give up this poem to my friend Megan, and explain the
reasoning in 3 fold:

1. Megan loves fruit pizza, and I respect that. I think it's so
important to find something you love and stick to it. I know that she
will never turn her back on fruit pizza.

2. Megan has inpsired me to find a recipe for fruit pizza. As I read
through this recipe I couldn't help but wonder, why haven't I had fruit
pizza? Why haven't I experienced this greatness? The answer to this is
"I just don't know"...but I can now say that I will....someday have
fruit pizza.

3. As I get ready to put together a lovely program so that my friend
Megan and I can look Bad A for Christmas, I came accross a recipe for a
low fat fruit pizza....I couldn't help but feel like it was divinely
inspired...and put on my computer just for the endeavor that we're
getting ready to explore!

No comments: